Register for a seminar location
March 12-13, 2016
August 13-14, 2016
Apr. 29-May 1, 2016
Oct. 21-23, 2016
Nov. 19-20, 2016
LLGF Typical Schedule:
The full Universities usually have a Friday welcome party, Saturday classes and hands-on skill practice, then optional charter fishing on Sunday.
- Welcome Reception (for most Universities – check the individual Universities for schedule)
- Meet ladies of similar interest, spouses/friends ok too!
- Win cool stuff on the fundraisers!
- Classroom Instruction – Inshore, Offshore, Bottom, Fly Fishing, Basics & Conservation.
- Separate rooms for beginner and intermediate/advanced.
- Lunch and Educational “Dress for Fishing Success” Fashion Show
- Hands-On Skill Stations and exhibits to learn the secret techniques people don’t usually show you – for practicing casting, knot tying, boat maneuvering, landing and releasing, net casting, gaffing, trailer backing, electronics usage and more, including reeling against a swimmer and one-on-one instruction (exact stations vary per seminar)
- Test your fishing skills on the water on a charter fishing trip, inshore, group boat or party boat depending on the area.
- Make new friends!
- Fishing with male guests ok upon request and availability
- Fillet demonstration
- A chance to meet really cool ladies who have a common interest!
What happens at our seminars? Watch this video!
Experience the excitement of fishing! “Ladies, Let’s Go Fishing!” offers real hands-on training to jump-start your learning experience. Even if you are already fishing, there’s always more to know to make your fishing adventures more productive!
The typical University experience begins with a Welcome Reception on Friday Evening which is great for networking and meeting new fishing friends. In most cases, you can bring spouses or guests.
The learning experience is on Saturday, with classes on where to find fish and how to catch them. Learn conservation practices, inshore, bluewater & bottom fishing, flats or inshore fishing, fly fishing from the area’s top anglers. The topics vary according to the type of fishing done in the area of the seminars. In the future there may be freshwater fishing seminars offered in Florida or other states.
Some venues offer lunch, some offer brown bag lunch, some start after lunch. When there is lunch, you’ll see the latest styles in fishing apparel for women with our Fishing Fashion Show.
Following lunchtime are the skill stations, with the best ever hands-on learning experience. Try skills such as casting, knot tying, boat maneuvering, landing and releasing, net casting, gaffing, trailer backing, electronics usage and more, including reeling against a swimmer! Skill stations vary according to the fishing region of the seminar.
On Sunday, it is learning on the boat (no official classes). you’ll have a chance to go out and try your skills from charter boats boats or from a pier! No equipment is required. Fishing times and rates differ per area and are listed on the registration forms. When the boats return, we’ll show how to fillet!
Win lots of door prizes, including famous artist prints, tackle and other exciting gifts!
Recommended age is 21 and up. Participants can also register a teen or male guest to include the family, however the focus remains on women. There’s no age maximum because you’re never too old for fishing! Space is limited to an average of 100 women and must be reserved in advance, so don’t miss out! Send or email your reservation and you’ll receive a confirmation with details on times, dress, directions & more!
“Ladies, Let’s Go Fishing!” provides a fun way for women to learn fishing skills.
Most events have an Early Entry discount registration plus discounts for women bringing teens, plus a VIP registration with special benefits. It is important to register as early as possible especially if you want to fish, as the boats might be booked by other people as it gets close to the date and we want to get you on the water!
Fishing on charter boats is additional. Click Here to learn more about the fishing options, which vary according to region.
Reservation/cancellation policy is at the bottom or each seminar registration form.
LLGF Special Events
After conducting these seminars for 20 years, our alumni are mastering fishing techniques in their nearby areas and yearn to travel for fishing. Thus, we developed a Special Events/Fishing Tour program where the emphasis is more on social networking and going fishing. Our ladies voted to allow participants to bring male guests to these Special Events/Fishing Tours. In the past, trips have included fishing in Costa Rica and Alaska. While the focus remains on the women and mini skill refresher programs are offered, the men are also invited to fish. We have done this successfully and actually, there was no yelling, except for the excitement of having a big fish at the end of the line!