Ladies, Let’s Go to Bimini, Bahamas Adventure! Sept. 9-11 2016 Registration is closed for this event, but you can fill out the form to be invited to the next one!
Ladies, Let’s Go to the Bahamas! Bimini Big Game Club!
Join us for fun and adventure in Bimini, Bahamas! Bimini is a quaint island only a ¼ mile wide and about 7 miles long with bakery shops, conch stands, beverage establishments and plenty of ocean & natural wonders to see. It’s only about 50 miles from the U.S. – an entirely different experience than bigger cities such as Freeport and Nassau! The north side has newer developments and the south side is pretty much the original Bimini.
Bimini has the small town atmosphere that attracts people to the out islands versus the main ones. The main road has barely two lanes. Most people take golf carts and bicycles and walk around in town.
There is much to do! Go fishing, snorkeling, rent a golf cart to see the island, shop at the small straw market, grab some fresh conch at the outdoor conch stands, buy fresh Bimini bread at the bakery, take the ferry to South Bimini and visit the Shark Lab for an interesting, personal experience with their sharks. There is a free tram to hop on to see the north side with beautiful beach and casino. In only a few hours you can explore Bimini. That’s why we have a half day fishing so you can see the beautiful turquoise Bimini waters! Watch the videos below to see what to expect – bear in mind there no longer is a cruise ship that goes to Bimini.
Male guests are welcome. Recommended age 18 and up. This will be a fun group and chance to make new friends! What we all have in common is love for the outdoors, fishing and adventure, no matter what age. It’s more fun to go with a group than on your own so don’t worry if you don’t know the other people. You soon will!
We are keeping it simple:
- Book your own flight, come over on the private yacht (rate below) take your own boat (no cruise ship or ferry available)
- Book your room with Bimini Big Game Club (info below)
- Meals on your own – we will set up time and place to meet or explore restaurants
- Friday: Arrival Day, orientation and meet each other approx. 6 pm.
- Saturday: Half day fishing offshore or inshore – fish on your own boat or book a spot on a Bimini charter we are setting up. We may do a morning and afternoon trip if the boat fills up. Or explore Bimini if you don’t want to fish!
- Saturday the other half day: Sight see on your own, rent a golf cart, or join us for the amazing trip to the shark lab! Info below.
- Sunday: Return
Come early, stay later!
- $75 per person suggested donation to Ladies, Let’s Go Fishing to help cover the costs of planning the trip. Donate up to $200 per person if you wish. If you cannot afford $75 contact us and we’ll do the best we can to have you attend.
- Your airfare or bring your own boat. If flying there is a slight charge to take taxi and ferry from South Bimini.
- Your hotel, mention Ladies, Let’s Go Fishing for special rates – click here if you are coming solo and want to share a room.
- Your meals, golf cart rental, etc.
If you are bringing your own boat please contact us if you have room to take others fishing or to bring anyone over.
Bring males if you like! Recommended age 18 & up.
Bimini Big Game Club has a rich history going back to Ernest Hemingway. It is on a marina with pool, bar, restaurant and liquor store. It has been renovated. You can walk to a beach or rent a golf cart.
You must have a passport.
Refunds: If you don’t go we will refund your donation minus 5%.
For fishing there are no refunds unless we can replace your spot.
Your cell phone may not work in Bimini unless you have an international plan. On wireless you can use Skype, Viber, etc. to stay in touch.
Fishing Rates PER PERSON:
Offshore boat that takes 6 or inshore small boat that takes 2: $200. Bring approx $40 cash for tip (20%) For offshore charter you must go with us. For inshore if you want to book your own boat no problem! Just ask Bimini Big Game Club for ideas.
In case the boat has issues and does not go you will be refunded the total minus 5%.
Note: Rates based on full boats. Bahamas boats are not typical U.S. standards.
Big Game Club hotel special rates, mention Ladies, Let’s Go Fishing when calling.
- Standard: $159.00
- Cottage: $179.00
- Combined taxes: 20.10%
- Resort Fee: $21.50
- Dockage: $1.50 – per foot / per night + 7.5% VAT
- Minimum 30 feet (if your boat is 25 feet you have to pay the minimum rate for a 30 foot boat)
- Toll Free: 800.867.4764 Local: 954.467.1231 Fax: (954) 462-4100
- Email: BWatson@BigGameClubBimini.com
- Website: www.BigGameClubBimini.com
- Looking for a roommate? Fill out this FORM and contact the others! Let us know when your group is complete!
Air Travel: Visit www.BigGameClubBimini.com for a list of air options. Book fast as the rates get higher as it gets closer. Get on Silver Airways email list for specials! There are other options and possibly a float plane. Or book your own charter plane on your own. Ask Big Game Club, not us!
Round Trip on Private Yacht: Ft. Lauderale/Bimini R/T on private yacht, fish some on the way, fish Sat. too approx $985 per person – gratuity add’l, NOT including hotel. Contact us, this is not on the registration form. Need six people to sign up for this.
We’re going to the Bahamas, Mon!
Fill out this form if you are interested in a future Bimini trip. You can add notes.
Below it is the photo gallery and videos, keep on scrolling!
Here are some informal videos of our exploratory trip: