Ladies, Let’s Go Fishing is Havana two more trips to Cuba! April 6-10 Havana/Las Terrazas plus an add-on for Varadero to return April 12.
A country lost in a time capsule of the 1950’s…
Look at this one and check out our other trip on our home page, Havana -Santiago Sat. April 29- Wednesday, May 3 The other trip is for two cities plus in country air fare, About $200 more per person to see a different part of Cuba. If you want to do 2 nights Havana 2 nights Varadero like we did last time click this link: LLGF prior Havana-Varadero 4 night trip for the itinerary, approx. 1300 per person double occupancy. If we get 4 people who want this option we can do it. This itin has the prior dates but a new trip would be similar.
Read below and if interested put your info HERE for this trip and get in touch with our agent.
If you have a group and want to go another time legally on your own – we can get it set it up for you! Add some notes as to what you want. Go BEFORE it is spoiled.
PRICE PER PERSON
Accommodation in Private House or Apartment DBL Room $ 970.00 USD per person
Accommodation in Private House or Apartment SGL Room $1,060.00 USD per person
- Accommodation in Inglaterra Hotel DBL Room $ 1,397.29 USD per person
- Accommodation in Inglaterra Hotel SGL Room $1,568.89 USD per person
The private Cuban apartment is in Old Havana. Inglaterra is a nice hotel, a 10 minute walk to the courtyard restaurants and entertainment in Old Havana.
PRICE FOR THE ADD-ON NIGHTS IN VARADERO white sand beach community
- Accommodation in DBL Room from $ 275.00 USD to $ 348.00 USD per person
- Accommodation in SGL Room from $ 395.00 USD to $ 505.00 USD per person
International Airfare additional, approx $200- $250 round trip South Florida – Havana. The sooner you sign up the better the airfares!
Lodging, transportation, tours in vintage air conditioned cars, certain meals and drinks as described below and Travel Visa to visit Cuba legally INCLUDED! Service from guides who can translate for you, no need to speak Spanish. If you want to join us for this tour and come earlier or stay more days we can do that, too
- 4 nights at a Casa Particular (Real Cuban Home or Apartment!), breakfast and for other meals included, see Itinerary.
- Many great tours included! Most and possibly all the tours will include transportation by vintage cars! See the end for more on this.
See historical Havana and visit the Cuban rainforest with optional two nights in Varadero to see the pristine beaches area. We chose this itinerary as we found from our last trip we needed more than two nights in Havana. With four nights, we can venture out for a day into the Cuban countryside where there is much to see. We did this itinerary to allow some time for shopping for Cuban handmade goods as we really liked the local handcrafts and you can buy 1950’s Life magazines they have saved and such.
- The first day is arrival with about a half day to see Havana for starters.
- The second day is to see the Cuban rainforest and countryside
- The third and fourth day is to see Havana.
- The fifth day is departure day.
Take some time away from the hustle and bustle of Havana and experience the lush green countryside Las Terrazas has to offer. This pioneering eco-village dates back to a reforestation project in 1968. Today it’s a Unesco Biosphere Reserve, a burgeoning activity center (with Cuba’s only canopy tour) and the site of the earliest surviving coffee plantations in Cuba. It is rural in a picturesque hilly area about an hour’s drive from Havana. You can opt for a short horseback ride or zipline (additional) .You will see some Cuban countryside along the way.
If you want to see the Cuban beautiful beach area of Varadero, its inclusive resorts and the life in that part of Cuba, we offer a two-night add-on. There is also much to see in this addition, plus places you drive by such as the confiscated Hershey factory, Cuban transportation to work by horse; and the bridge where you will have drinks from carved out pineapples with a view of the ocean. Veradero is on a long but narrow peninsula with a beautiful drive along the seaside. It is a couple hour’s drive from Havana.
GET IN ON THIS! Go through the time tunnel to life in the 1950’s while you can! See videos of our last Cuba Trip
This trip has lots of cool tours but no fishing. If you want to fish, go to the Keys afterwards as the fishing there isn’t much different than in Cuba.
1st Day USA – HAVANA
- Land in Cuba and leave the airport by 2:30 PM (approximately)
- Go to the bank to exchange Money
- Visit the Revolution Square – monument with Jose Marti. This is where the Cuban revolution is celebrated.
- City tour through Malecón Avenue, all along the coast side, Vedado neighborhood the newest part of the city with architecture before the 1960’s, big houses European style, see vintage cars and people, and US Embassy.
- Visit the National Hotel, its Museum Rooms/mobster photos, and drink a cocktail in its astonishing terrace. Built by the American Mafia confiscated during the revolution.
- Check in Private House or Apartment
- Time to chat with your host family and learn more about the Cuban families.
- 6:30 PM Transfer to dinner in a Cuban Paladar (not included, pay on your own)
- 8:00 PM Transfer to Cannon Shot Ceremony, representing the time of the colony when they closed the door of the city to protect the city from the Spanish pirates.
- 9:30 PM Return to the house
2nd Day HAVANA – LAS TERRAZAS
- Breakfast and leaving the house by 8:30 AM
- Departure to “Las Terrazas.” Ecological project located in the Sierra del Rosario. Biosphere Reserve of UNESCO. See the rainforest, mountains, gardens, Cuban vegetation explained.
- Enjoy the Cuban flora and fauna and the beauty of the place.
- Visit La Moka Hotel; unique installation inserted in the forest.
- Visit plantation “La Union,” with a beautiful garden of tropical plants. Displacement to the partially reconstructed ruins of “Cafetal Buena Vista” coffee plantation of the XIX century.
- Connect with the community, visiting the Square of People and socio-cultural facilities, with the opportunity of tasting the exquisite Cuban coffee at Maria’s Home.
- Lunch in a local paladar (not included, pay on your own)
- Visit the Local Serigraphy Workshop. Hand made Cuban art.
- 5:00 PM Return to Havana.
- Dinner in a Cuban Paladar or walk to dinner and find your own special spot in Old Havana it’s safe! (not included, pay on your own)
3rd Day HAVANA
- Breakfast and leave the house by 9:00 AM
- Visit the Old Havana and its four squares
- Visit Plaza San Francisco de Asís where kids came daily to feed the pigeons, and the girl teens came to make their 15-years-old pictures
- Visit the Garden of Maria Teresa of Calcutta, a short and green peace of paradise in the crowded Old Havana.
- Visit Palacio de Los Capitanes Generales, home of the former governors of San Cristobal de la Habana. Facing this palace, there is the only wooden street in Cuba, made with the purpose to avoid the noise made by the iron wheels of the carriages.
- Plaza de Armas with El Templete, place where was held the first mass and was founded the Villa de San Cristobal de la Havana back in 1519
- Shop for vintage books and magazines at Plaza de Armas
- Castillo de la Real Fuerza, a stone fortress that keeps the Giraldilla, symbol of Havana.
- Walk to Cathedral Square and Mercaderes Street
- Visit the Ambos Mundos hotel (where Hemingway spent many nights and drank so many mojitos at Bar Floridita he could not go home; and the Old Havana Model, a scaled model of Havana with sounds of the times.
- 12:30 PM Lunch in a Cuban Paladar (not included, pay on your own)
- Visit the Havana Club Rum Museum
- Transfer through Avenida del Puerto in direction to San Jose Handicrafts Fair
- Visit the San Jose Handicrafts Fair. There is a waterfront cocktail bar there also for when you are done This offers the best prices and most selection for Cuban handmade crafts and arts in Havana, many small shops to buy handmade handicrafts and arts
- 5:30 PM Pick up at Avenida del Puerto and return to the house.
- 7:00 PM Transfer to dinner in a Cuban Paladar (not included, pay on your own)
- 9:20 PM Transfer to Tropicana Night Club and amazing Cuban Vegas-style show (optional, additional cost approx. $130 pp)
- Return to the house
4th Day HAVANA
- Breakfast and leaving the house by 8:30 AM
- Visit the Havana’s Christ and the exhibition of “The Cuban Missile ” Missiles sent from Russia to Cuba to attack U.S. See the missiles and have an explanation, almost causing the third World War.
- Visit Ernest Hemingway house in Finca Vigia, its books collection, fruit trees, beloved Pilar Yacht and panoramic view of Havana from one of the highest viewpoints.
- Panoramic tour though some popular Havana neighborhoods
- 12:30 PM Transfer to lunch in a local Paladar (not included, pay on your own)
- Visit the Presidential Palace, home of all Cubans President before Fidel, including Batista. On March 13, 1957, when a group of students from the University took up arms to take the power from Batista, Batista escaped through a secret back door to save his life.
- Tour through the Central Park in front of the Havana Interesting, small park.
- Visit the exterior area of the Havana Capitol modeled after the U.S. Capitol building; the only difference is one meter wider and higher.
- Visit Gran Teatro de la Habana, beautiful theater that hosts ballet festivals and such, where Obama spoke in 2016 with nice architecture.
- Inglaterra Hotel, old architecture with a terrace with cocktails, coffee, and music.
- Visit the famous and Hemingway’s favorite Floridita Bar, daiquiri´s birth place
- Return to Private House.
- Dinner in a private Cuban house with a Cuban family. Dining table with just our group and the family. Chicken, pork, and picadillo will be set along with traditional Cuban food. Enjoy what they eat daily. Different than restaurants.
- Return to the accommodation
5th Day HAVANA – USA
- Breakfast in the house
- Walking tour through the Malecon Seawall to say: “See you soon Havana.” Based on time or you can go shopping on our own for last minute gifts.
- Departure to José Martí International Airport
ADD-ON DAY 1 IN VARADERO – Transportation To Varadero approx. 2 hours by car included.
- Visit Mirador de Bacunayagua. The Bridge, where they serve great pina coladas in real pineapples.
- Sightseeing tour of Matanzas City.
- Visit French Pharmaceutical Museum (only one in the world).
- Visit Cuevas de Bellamar. Big cave with stalactites and stalagmites.
- Check in your desired Hotel. All Inclusive
- All meals in the hotel
ADD-ON DAY 2 IN VARADERO
- Visit Cardenas Neighborhood traditional Cuban houses where horses are used as transportation.
- Visit Varadero Dolphin Center and Josone Park. See how the dolphins live and can opt to swim with them at extra cost.
- Visit the Varadero Street Market and Varadero House of Rum, see examples of the kinds of Rum in Cuba, some kinds that don’t exist anymore.
- Visit the Ambrosio Cave with live bats of different kinds, learn the bat’s behavior it’s safe, don’t worry and Sendero de Los Musulmanes a mini rain forest to learn about the rainforest.
- Visit Mansion Xanadú the Dupont house next to the largest golf course in Cuba (there are only two golf courses in all of Cuba) for the sunset in the Terraza Bar
- All meals in the hotel
If the whole group wants to go to Bay of Pigs to snorkel with the fish we can do it but it might be a bit extra. We took this out of our itinerary from last time as it was two hours each way by car and we wanted to spend more time touring, less time in the car.
- Exact times and tours offered may vary depending on arrival times.
- If you want to go out on your own versus Cuban Family dinner you can do so at your own expense, notify the tour guide early on so the family knows how much food to prepare.
Experience the REAL Cuba before it is commercialized! If Cuba is on your Bucket List, now’s the time to go – don’t wait!
Imagine the stories you will have to tell your friends about visiting a communist third world country, BEFORE it is open to the average American and ruined by commercialism!
Stay tuned for Betty’s eBook full of travel tips from her first-time Cuba visit during the Ladies, Let’s Go Fishing January trip! To see photo and videos of the January trip visit the Facebook Ladies, Let’s Go Fishing page or check out our photo gallery button on our website.
The Nonprofit Ladies Let Go Fishing invites you to embark in a cultural & learning exchange and a human experience with the Cuban people. Experience Cuba as it is now, frozen in time!
Learn about the average Cuban struggles, help share in their lives through education & connect with the Cuban people on a local level.
Cuba remains a developing country, and guests traveling there should adjust their expectations accordingly.
Delays commonly occur, and flexibility and patience on the part of visitors is a must. Traveling to Cuba on a cultural exchange is quite unlike journeying to other destinations. It will be an unforgettable experience.
While every effort will be made to operate the program as scheduled, all activities are subject to change without notice.
- Who can come: Females or males, it’s ok to bring your guy.
- Passports: You must have a passport valid for at least a month beyond your expected date of departure, 6 months preferred.
- Safety: Cuba is reportedly very safe compared to other countries.
- Phones: Hook into wireless at the hotel to call home via Skype or Viber (additional) or purchase an international package from your cell provider.
- Leave your laptop at home and disconnect! Don’t depend on Wifi here and it may cost $5/hr.
- Souvenirs – much of the souvenirs are made by hand in Cuba. You can bring back a limited amount of cigars, alcohol and souvenirs
- Program certified under license people 2 people
- Four nights in Havana in your desired accommodation with breakfast included
- A day visit to Las Terrazas Cuban countryside
- One dinner in a Cuban house with the Cuban family
- All ground transfers in comfortable air-conditioned car
- Tours described as program
- All entrance fees to sites and activities described
- Professional bilingual tour guide, full time
- Assistance by their staff 24 hours if you have a phone that works in Cuba or ask your driver or people in private house or hotel
- Affidavit and Tourist Card
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- International air tickets or others not described in the Program.
- Meals in Paladars
- Dinner Show in Tropicana NigthClub (optional) $ 130
- Personal expenses like taxis to non-scheduled activities or laundry.
How it works: You reserve with the agent and pay by check. The agent will provide forms for you to complete to obtain your affidavit and visa. The visa is sent to you.
If you are interested click HERE to provide your info.