June 16-17 Ladies, Let’s Go Fishing Offshore/Inshore Anyone Can Win Tournament! Islamorada, FL – Sign up by Late April/Early May at the latest as fishing spots are limited.
A weekend of learning and a non intimidating fun competition! On Friday meet for an educational presentation on fishing at 5:30 pm, plus tournament kickoff and rules discussion. Tournament is on Saturday with prize awards immediately
afterwards at Whale Harbor Marina.
Get on our mailing list so we can notify you!
Species include legal inshore and offshore fish.
$75 per angler/adults, $30/teens and under plus optional charter fees per person depending on boat type choice, or fish on your own boat.
This is prime mahi (dolphin) season!
Fishing Rates (includes guide, boat, fishing license and equipment):
$240 Offshore Sportfishing Boat (Full day approx. 7 am – 3:00), gratuity not incl., 6 persons/per boat) Fish for sailfish, kingfish, wahoo, dolphin and more! You may troll offshore, catch bait, go bottom fishing and more! It is up to the captain and what is biting and where.
$270 Backcountry/Flats Fishing (Full day approx. 7 am – 3:00), gratuity and not incl., BASED ON 3-4 persons/per boat) Fish for snook, tarpon, trout, redfish, bonefish and more. If all the boats that take 3-4 are booked and you are on a boat that only takes 2 you will be advised of upgrade fees. With this choice you are busy casting and interacting versus sitting while trolling on a sportfishing boat.
Group/Party Boat: Reserve on your own. We will determine the name of the boat but a half day may cost about $50.
Ladies, Let’s Go Fishing “Anyone Can Win” Tournament
Rules: Catch or release a fish to be eligible for prizes. This is an Angler tournament, not a boat tournament. It is designed for novices with the intimidation factor taken out. Some prizes will be drawings from those who caught fish – and, those who tried but did not. So no matter what, you can win something!
- All legal inshore and offshore fish, including bottom fish
- Releases for sharks, stingrays, sailfish, marlin, tarpon, barracuda, bonito, catfish, anything else over 6 inches count in the release category.
- Weigh in is for:
- Offshore and Inshore – Fish estimated at 10 lbs. and heavier only, must be legal fish.
- Inshore only – Fish over 15 inches.
- In the name of conservation, please weigh only fish that will be consumed or used for bait, for example, bonito strips.
Protected species should not be brought to the dock (sharks, stingrays, sailfish, tarpon, etc.).
- In the name of education, it is allowed for the captain or mate to assist with hookup but a single angler must fight the fish and bring it to the boat. Pulled hooks do not count. Released fish must be under control at the moment of release.
- Anglers may fish from our charter-supplied boats or on their own boats.
- This is an Honor-Based Tournament intended for novice anglers, women and teens.
- Captains to verify all catches or releases on the tournament form supplied.
- Scoring forms will be provided to captains for verification. This in an honor-based tournament.
- Top Inshore Release – based on numbers of fish released (all categories)
- Top Offshore Release – based on numbers of fish released (all categories)
- Heaviest Fish Overall – Offshore and Inshore, can weigh fish 10 lbs. or more
- Longest Fish Inshore – (legal fish more than 15 inches) Inshore only
- Party/group boat award
- Hard Luck – Drawing
- Wild Card Drawings from all who caught or released fish
- Numbers of prizes (rods, art prints, etc) based on number of entries but there will be some nice prizes!
- In case of a tie, winner’s name will be drawn.
- Tournament Committee decision is final.
THIS WILL BE A VERY BUSY WEEKEND IN THE KEYS SO DON’T WAIT VERY LONG TO BOOK YOUR OVERNIGHT ROOM!
MM 80: Breezy Palms Resort – Our Host Hotel on the ocean with marina! Nice rooms most have kitchens! Pool. Limited availability! We have stayed there for years and the ladies love it! www.breezypalms.com 305-664-2361 MM 80 Oceanside. $69 – $179 Reference Ladies, Let’s Go Fishing.