St. Augustine Sept. 9-10 (Tentative, check back.) Read about it, then Register HERE!
Ladies, Let’s Go Fishing at the prestigious Northeast Florida Marlin Association clubhouse! Preview the Auction & Raffle items that will be at the party HERE
Saturday learning and party, Sunday fishing and fun tournament. Click here to see the auction items! Early entry is still available for the next 6 ladies to register.
No Boat? Don’t worry we have boats that will take you fishing! (additional).
On Saturday afternoon, learn about inshore and offshore fishing in the classroom then have a chance to practice fishing skills one on one inside and on the property outside in small groups with the instructors! Then stay for the kickoff party, appetizer contest, raffle and silent auction. Fish on Sunday from the charter boats (sign up upon registering) and enter a fun “Anyone can win” tournament for prizes!
$300 worth of DOOR PRIZES for class participants Saturday at 12:30 pm! Win a $300 package from Weather Routing Inc. Good for one written forecast for a tournament or event, one verbal consultation, and a month of SeaWeather trial. Winner can only redeem one coupon and must be a first time user of Weather Routing. Good till 4/2017. www.wriwx.com Plus some great items from Star Brite and more! Door prizes given at the classroom sessions. Plus everyone will get a discount code for Columbia fashions!
Save this date to your calendar! NE Florida LLGF
Education Day Saturday:
- 12:30 – 1 pm Doors open, ladies pick up name tags, auction preview (eat your lunch before arriving or bring a brown bag and a water if you like!)
- 1-2 pm: Intros, orientation, conservation, door prizes
- 2-3 pm: Offshore Fishing, Capt. Rick Ryals
- 3-3:10: Break
- 3:10-4 pm: Inshore Fishing, Capt. Joel Cunningham
- 4 – 6 pm Skill practice
Skills inside (at tables with captains):
- Knots line to leader Joel Cunningham
- Knots line to hook Robert Olsen
- Offshore rigging with ballyhoo, lures and more Matt Morse
- Rigging up for offshore fishing, kingfish & more Rick Ryals
- Dehooking Rick Mackay
- Reel Maintenance Peter Bilardello
- Saving for your boat Brian Thomas, Harbor Financial Services
- Inshore Lures and Loop Knots Robert Mathis
- Rigging up a new rod, putting line on Scott Stanley
Skills outside (practice with captains on land or waterside):
- Spin Casting or baitcaster Rick Ryals
- Spin Casting Robert Olsen
- Net Casting Jimbo Strange
- Fly casting Joel Cunningham
- Fly Casting 2 Tim Boothe
- Gaffing grapefruits Carmel Cunningham
- Trailer backing (on land only based on space) Tony D’Ipploito Magic Tilt
- Net Casting Rick Mackay
- Casting inshore lures, jigs versus lures Robert Mathis
- Casting or Shrimp Scott Stanley
Sat. Kickoff Party Sponsored by Harbor Financial Services:
6-8:30 pm Kickoff party, raffle, auction. Appetizer contest, snacks, cash bar. Marlin Club members invited. Raffle and silent auction. Appetizer contest prizes awarded. Bring an appetizer if you want to enter! Everyone who indicates they are bringing an appetizer on their party reservation form gets a gift valued up to $12 in addition to the winner’s prizes if they win.
Sunday Fishing Day and “Anyone Can Win”
Fishing and fun tournament for participants on boats, departing from the Marlin Club.
8 am – 2 pm: Fishing and “Anyone Can Win” Offshore/Inshore Fishing Tournament for participants on boats, departing from the Marlin Club. Award drawings made immediately upon return of all boats – return by 2 pm to be eligible and for photos of your fish. No food/beverage served, bring your own!
2:30 pm Fishing Tournament with Prizes!
1 drawing from all who caught or released fish
1 drawing from all who didn’t catch fish (hard luck)
Heaviest Fish Overall – One prize, Offshore and Inshore can weigh fish 10 lbs. or more
Longest Inshore Fish (legal fish more than 15 inches) Inshore only
Registration for the classes, hands-on and party: INCLUDES the educational classes, hands-on training and kickoff party. Participants who sign up for fishing are in the tournament at no extra charge.
- $75 Early entry discount, limited quantity 6 still available!
- $85 for last minute Friday entries and walk ins, please sign up in advance so we can be prepared.
- $120 VIP registration including goody bag and discounts on souvenir purchases.
- Women with teens see registration for a very special rate per person
Other Registration options:
- $35 Social Angler (Sat. party only and want to fish on Sunday, sign up for your fishing same time please. This gets you on the roster for Sunday fishing, fishing is additional) If you registered for the class the party is included.
- $20 optional donation Sat. Party only (no classes no fishing, just the party, raffle & auction) If you can’t pay the $20 come anyway but please try to RSVP if you can by Thursday so we can be prepared. If you registered for the class the party is included.
Sunday Fishing Rates per person 8 am – 2 pm (includes tournament entry!)
- Inshore $185 Taking 2-4 per boat, typically up to 24 feet for shallow water
- Offshore $210 Boats may be sport fish boats or center consoles taking 4-6 people per per boat
- Sea Love Party Boat – Reserve on your own (picks up at different location, approx. $60)
- If you are fishing on your own boat and want to enter the tournament, there is a $20 fee per person paid on site.
- Don’t worry, even if you have never fished before, you CAN win!
- Fishing Tournament Prizes: Penn Battle II Rod and Reel Combo, $100 worth of Star Brite Cleaning Materials, $100 Worth of fishing line, tackle, Weather routing certif. valued at $280 and more! Most prizes over $100 in value each! Stay tuned, there may be more prizes added!
- Catch or release a fish, be eligible for prize drawing. One person on boat records name, type of fish. Hard luck for those who didn’t catch. For the drawings, each person gets 1 ticket no matter how many fish they caught or released.
- Species: All legal inshore and offshore fish, including bottom fish, all longer than 6 inches.
- Releases for sharks, stingrays, sailfish, marlin, tarpon, barracuda, bonito, catfish, anything else over 6 inches count in the release category. Estimate is ok.
- Weigh in is for:
- Offshore and Inshore – Fish estimated at 10 lbs. and heavier only, must be legal fish.
- Inshore only – Fish over 15 inches.
- It is ok to weigh a jack or bonito but we hope the fish will either be consumed or bonito used for bait strips to be used for later date. We are conservation-minded.
- Protected species should not be brought to the dock (sharks, stingrays, sailfish, tarpon, etc.).
- In the name of education, it is allowed for the captain or mate to assist with hookup but a single angler must fight the fish and bring it to the boat. Pulled hooks do not count. Released fish must be under control at the moment of release.
- Conservation and proper release is to be observed.
Need to stay overnight?
The Hampton Inn & Suites has nice quality and amenities at $179/night, a great discount from their standard rate, use code LGF, cutoff for this rate is July 29, 2016, book for one night or two:
There are a couple of motels who may have rooms at approx. $120 – 130 per night. They don’t have a lot of rooms available so book early.
Magic Beach Motel 50 Vilano Rd, Vilano Beach St. Augustine p: 904 342 5263 http://www.magicbeachmotel.com/
Airbnb for local rooms from private Owners Pls click link
The Ladies Let’s Go Fishing Foundation is a nonprofit 501C3 whose mission is to empower women by providing opportunities to learn and practice fishing, encouraging them to learn a wholesome sport where they can share quality time with family and friends.