“Ladies, Let’s Go Fishing!”, or LLGF for short, is a national organization dedicated to attracting more women to sportfishing and to promoting conservation and responsible angling. LLGF especially promotes networking among women anglers and emphasizes mentorship between novice and experienced members. Founded in 1997 by Betty Bauman, of Ft. Lauderdale , Florida, LLGF has over 8,000 graduates and is the largest organization in the world whose objective is to introduce women to fishing. The Ladies, Let’s Go Fishing Foundation, a nonprofit 501C3, serves to empower women and families to learn and pursue the sport of fishing through educational programs.
Both Bauman and her seminar series — often dubbed “The No-Yelling School of Fishing” — are renowned nationally in the sportfishing, boating and marine industries. The organization has earned rave reviews from the “Inside Edition,” CBS’ “The Early Show,” NBC’s “Nightly News with Tom Brokaw,” “Good Morning America,” “Outdoor Life Network,” USA Today, the Wall Street Journal, Southern Living and more. Bauman has received several national awards: Woman of the Year by the American Sportfishing Association; one of the Top 21 Most Influential Marine Industry Leaders for the 21st Century by Boating Industry magazine; Bass Pro Shops Pass It On Award and one of the Top Women in American Boating by BoatU.S. Magazine.
The national organization conducts numerous weekend seminars each year that teach women fishing techniques at the beginner and advanced levels. The seminars offer a range of experiences presented in a non-intimidating environment, including classes on inshore, offshore, bottom and fly fishing. Venues vary by location, facility and styles of local fishing. Some freshwater seminars are in the works. There’s a wide variety of exercises depending on the venue, with a hands-on approach to everything from casting to filleting, backing a truck and trailer, lure usage, boat handling, stand-up fish fighting and gaffing (with grapefruits!). Networking time or events is typically included. The crowning touch is the charter boat fishing offered on the final day for participants to test their skills on the water.
The series is dependent on sponsors and outside funding to be able to offer these programs.
LLGF has also planned organized fishing and travel trips to Cuba, Costa Rica, the Bahamas, and Alaska. The group has a pilot program for local chapters which plan monthly meetings and fishing trips, to be expanded based on sponsorships.
Ladies Let’s Go Fishing! Terms of Service
By accessing the website at http://ladiesletsgofishing.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Ladies Let’s Go Fishing!’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Ladies Let’s Go Fishing!’s website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Ladies Let’s Go Fishing! at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Ladies Let’s Go Fishing!’s website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. Ladies Let’s Go Fishing! makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, Ladies Let’s Go Fishing! does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Ladies Let’s Go Fishing! or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Ladies Let’s Go Fishing!’s website, even if Ladies Let’s Go Fishing! or a Ladies Let’s Go Fishing! authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on Ladies Let’s Go Fishing! website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Ladies Let’s Go Fishing! does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. Ladies Let’s Go Fishing! may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However Ladies Let’s Go Fishing! does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Ladies Let’s Go Fishing! has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Ladies Let’s Go Fishing! of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
Ladies Let’s Go Fishing! may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Florida and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will gather and utilization of individual data singularly with the target of satisfying those reasons indicated by us and for other good purposes, unless we get the assent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will just hold individual data the length of essential for the satisfaction of those reasons.
- We will gather individual data by legal and reasonable means and, where fitting, with the information or assent of the individual concerned.
- Personal information ought to be important to the reasons for which it is to be utilized, and, to the degree essential for those reasons, ought to be exact, finished, and updated.
- We will protect individual data by security shields against misfortune or burglary, and also unapproved access, divulgence, duplicating, use or alteration.
- We will promptly provide customers with access to our policies and procedures for the administration of individual data.
We are focused on leading our business as per these standards with a specific end goal to guarantee that the privacy of individual data is secure and maintained.