Learn How To Surf Fish on the Beach!
Saturday March 25 at Loggerhead Beach, Juno, FL 7:30 am – noon or 12:30 pm
Learn surf fishing while doing – on Juno beach!
Approx 5 hours instructions and practice on the beach 7:30-Noon or 12:30
Based on input we are going directly to fishing where you learn by doing! Learn as you do it on the beach, not in a class.
Limited to approx. 20 people. Registration is below.
Conducted by the capable and patient Pompano Rich – he was fantastic last year!
Fee is $55 per person. Proceeds benefit the nonprofit Ladies Let’s Go Fishing Foundation.
Location: Juno Beach area Loggerhead Park 14200 US-1, Juno Beach, FL 33408
About a half hour south of Stuart not far from Riviera Beach.
Followed by networking at the Thirsty Turtle only minutes from the beach! Meet for lunch (not included) afterwards or you can keep fishing on the beach on your own when the guide leaves, your choice. Possible knot tying refresher there based on timing. Meet the others!
Why 7:30 am? There are less people on the beach and it’s better for fishing. If you come later you should have your rod and reel already rigged up with a pompano rig so you can get right to fishing.
While this is oriented towards women, men and teens are welcome to sign up.
Demonstration tackle supplied (a couple rods you will need to share with others and take turns). For a more complete experience bring your own rod/reel combo.
Bring your own rod and reel or buy it the night before at Juno Bait & Tackle, 12770 US-1, Juno Beach, FL 33408, open Saturday 6 am – 6 pm, weekdays 7 am – 6 pm. Or choose your favorite tackle store near you.
What to bring:
- Spin rod combo 7-9 ft. rod with 10-15 lb. test. You can get two-piece rods to fit in your car. Best bet.
- Surf rod spin combo 10-13 ft. rod with 12-20 lb. test (go on the heavier side for pompano or rougher surf) Medium action. Second choice or for second rod.
- Bring one or both if you wish, with line
Tackle most important:
- Pompano Rigs. The tackle shop can help you. They come already set up with leader and you can tie them onto your line. Approx. rigs less than $5, sinkers less than $5.
- Sand spike to hold your rod (can get at tackle shop, not expensive)
- Nail clippers for cutting line, pliers
- Sand Fleas for bait (there may be some for sale at the beach or get them at a tackle shop, we will send an email)
Beach chair, cooler, stuff you would normally take to the beach
We will send an email with a list of things to bring as well as what may be available for purchase at the beach such as rigs, sand flea baits, sinkers.
Shore Fishing License: Unless you are 65 or over you will need a shoreline fishing license. It’s free but there is a small convenience fee. For information and get the license go to
- Basically, 45 days in advance – Full refund of registration and fishing fees – $25 Fee
- 31-44 Days in advance – Full refund of registration and fishing fees – $40 Fee
- 15-30 days in advance – Class credit for future registration, forfeit fishing fees unless you send a substitute
- Less than 15 days – no refunds
No Worries Policy (Optional, $25) Cancel up to 14 days before the event to receive your registration/fishing fees back! After that, no refunds.
Example of a Pompano Rig you can purchase: